Restore Your Vision With Custom All-Laser LASIK
Get a Permanent Solution to Your Vision Problems
Dr. Carl Sylvester is a fellowship trained Lasik surgeon and the medical director of The LASIK Plus Vision Center located at our north office. If you would like more information on LASIK surgery or schedule a free Lasik consultation you can visit LasikPlus.com or contact us today!
Problems LASIK Can Solve
- Astigmatism: If you have astigmatism, you have a distortion of vision that causes overall blurriness
- Farsightedness: If you are farsighted, you can see objects far away better than those up close
- Nearsightedness: If you are nearsighted, you can see things up close, but things far away appear blurry
Dr. Sylvester uses only 100% Bladeless, All-Laser Custom LASIK. Not all Lasers are created equally. Dr. Sylvester uses two lasers for each LASIK treatment. The first laser, used to create the corneal flap, is the Intralase FS laser system from AMO. This represents a significant advancement in both safety and visual outcomes compared to the older “blade” methods. The second laser Dr. Sylvester uses is the STAR S4 IR excimer laser from VISX. The STAR S4 IR excimer laser system represents the most advanced laser technology platform available today. Integrating data collected by the WaveScan WaveFront System, the STAR S4 IR utilizes Iris Registration and Active Trak 3-D active eye tracking and other exclusive VISX technologies to deliver precision custom ablations.
The LASIK Procedure
LASIK reshapes your cornea with a cool laser to refocus how light enters your eye. The treatment is a minimally invasive, virtually painless procedure conducted on an outpatient basis. While you may be at the Vision Center for up to two hours, the actual LASIK treatment takes between 5 and 10 minutes for each eye. The entire treatment involves four simple steps:
- The eyes are numbed with anesthetic drops to ensure your comfort
- A highly sophisticated laser is used to precisely separate a thin, hinged layer in the cornea
- A second, computer-guided Excimer laser is then used to deliver cool pulses of ultraviolet light to reshape your cornea
- The hinged layer is replaced and begins the healing process naturally without stitches
At Sylvester Eye Care & Aesthetics, we offer NO-INTEREST FINANCING available through CareCredit. We are also the Preferred LASIK Provider for most leading health and medical insurances in the country.